There’s a rich library of apps available on different platforms online, but not on Google Play. These apps are well-developed and useful, but they don’t comply with the Google Play Store T&Cs or aren’t fully ready for that platform yet.
It is still possible to install these apps on your Android device, you just need to make sure they’re from reliable sources. To install the apps that aren’t available on Google Play, you need to understand what an APK is.
What is an APK?
APK stands for Android Package Kit. The Android operating system uses this format to distribute and install different kinds of apps and services on the users’ mobile phones. Every application on your Android phone comes from an APK file. This format is similar in function to the .Exe file you use on your Windows PC.
Most Android phone users aren’t aware of this package file format because they download and upgrade all apps directly from Google Play. That process is automatic and quick. You need to be aware of what APK does if you want to become a power user and need to customize all aspects of your phone.
Why Snaptube APK?
Snaptube downloads video and audio files from YouTube and many other similar platforms. It isn’t allowed on Google Play as that platform doesn’t allow YouTube video downloading apps. If you want to enjoy content without the restrictions of YouTube and other such platforms, the Snaptube APK is a good option. It is safe to download, easy-to-use, and has a user base of millions of Android phone owners.
You can easily find the APK after a quick Google search. It’s best to download the file directly from Snaptube’s website but it is also available at known stores like Aptoide, Uptodown, and Downloads.com. You need to be careful about downloading software from unknown sources or sources not recommended by the app developers. These files might contain viruses and other forms of malware.
Why Sideload Snaptube APK?
Sideloading is the process of installing apps manually on your Android device instead of going through Google Play. There are many benefits of sideloading and some of them include:
- You can use apps like Snaptube, which aren’t available on Google Play.
- Users have access to upgrades and bug fixes as soon as they’re released by the developer. There’s no need to wait for several days or weeks to install upgrades.
- There are many reliable and secure app stores available online. They verify apps and also offer a platform for reviews.
- It is just as easy to uninstall sideloaded apps like Snaptube as it is to install them.
This is a well-established technique among Android power users. They rarely restrict themselves to apps available on the Google Play platform. Downloading the Snaptube APK from reliable platform won’t harm your phone and allow you to enjoy content freely.
How to Use Snaptube APK?
Once you have downloaded the APK file, just click on it to install. The process is automatic and doesn’t take much time because Snaptube is a light-weight app. Its interface is clean and all instructions are clear so you won’t have to spend too much time trying to understand how it works. Here are some tips to get you started:
- The first page displays several tiles with different platforms on it. You can access YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and other such networks directly from Snaptube instead of going to the individual apps.
- The app allows you to search the content you’re interested in directly with keywords. For example, if you want to look at the reviews of the latest Android phones, just type the model name like “Samsung Galaxy Note 9 review” and the related videos will pop up.
- You can filter the search results based on duration and upload date. This makes it easier to find the ideal content.
- Click on the video to watch it on Snaptube or download it. The download button will appear at the bottom of the screen as soon as you open the video.
- When you click on the button, Snaptube will ask whether you need an audio or video file and in what format.
- Video files are available in HD as long as the origin video is also HD. Snaptube can’t improve the quality of the content so everything will appear as it is.
- All file sizes are mentioned so you can choose the resolution based on your preferences and the file size.
- All downloaded content is stored on your phone safely. Make sure you have space on your phone before downloading any video.
It is possible to download videos from websites not mentioned in the app. Just copy the URL and paste it in the Snaptube search bar. You can also add your preferred website on the Snaptube homepage instead of copying the URL every time you use it.
It is possible to delete the files permanently from your device. Just go to the Downloads page on your mobile phone and delete the desired files. The videos are downloaded into the phone memory but users can switch to SD card if needed. You can go to the settings, click the ‘Download Path’ option, and choose SD card instead of phone memory. The files will be automatically directed to the SD card until you change the setting again.